Packing Operator - Production
- Come join the Production team of a successful and mature business
- Exciting growth business
- Fantastic full-time opportunity to join a dynamic, fast paced team
Taura Natural Ingredients, a subsidiary of IFF. As a global leader in functional fruit ingredient manufacture, we provide customer specific solutions for some of the best recognised consumer brands with world class production facilities in Mount Maunganui and Belgium.
We are seeking a Packing Operator to join our team working at our Mount Maunganui site and reporting to the Shift Manager or Shift Supervisor. This position is on a rotating shift roster (day shift and night shift), Monday – Friday.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Raw material verification, and quality control testing
- Operating process equipment
- Automated packing machines, along with general packing duties
- Application of Safety and Quality policies, procedures and standards
- Working in a dynamic environment, collaborating effectively across all technologies
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role:
- Previous food industry experience including quality control is highly desirable
- An understanding of GMP, HACCP principles and working in an MRP/ERP environment
- Attention to detail, with clear and accurate documentation skills
- A current Class 1 driver license with forklift endorsement is desirable but not necessary as training will be provided
- Most importantly, we are seeking an outstanding team player who is smart, enthusiastic, has a "can do" attitude, and wants to work for a business where they can make a difference
- Ability to follow written and verbal work instruction
We rely on promotion within the business and as a result are seeking people with ambition and the potential to develop within the business.
As part of Taura Natural Ingredients commitment to Health & Safety, the successful applicant will undergo a pre-employment medical and drug screening test. Remuneration will be competitive and includes Southern Cross Healthcare.
Successful applicants must have full working rights in New Zealand to apply. Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To submit your application in strict confidence, follow the link to our advertisement on SEEK and submit a completed application, including CV by 19 February 2021.