Senior Research and Development Technologist - Mount Maunganui
- Mount Maunganui location.
- Exciting growth business
- Full time role
Taura Natural Ingredients, a subsidiary of IFF, is a global leader in functional fruit ingredient manufacture, providing customer specific solutions for some of the best recognised FMCG brands, with world class production facilities in Mount Maunganui and Belgium.
We are seeking a Senior Research & Development Technologist to join our team working at our Mount Maunganui office and reporting to the Research & Development Manager - Asia Pacific. This is a full time permanent position that has key functional relationships with many facets of the business.
The role will also include the following:
- Management of customer led new product development projects including the preparation of specifications, costings & compliance information & conducting trials
- Technical support to key customers including operations, sales managers & external customers
- Travel from time to time
- Driving innovation in application development
- Leading & driving global research & innovation projects
- Involvement in identification of key insights to aid innovation
- Identification & implementation of continuous improvement opportunities
- Raw material assessments
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- University degree – Food Technology or similar
- 8+ years in Product Development/ Research & Development roles within the food industry
- Creative & able to think outside the box with a passion for food
- Confidence in interpreting the New Zealand Australia Food Standards Code
- Strong project & time management experience
- Proactive & able to drive progress
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Experience in mentoring & leading others
- An enthusiastic, flexible team player with a high level of personal integrity
Remuneration will be competitive and will include Southern Cross Healthcare.
Please submit application letter and CV, via Linkedin, by 20th January 2019.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
Attn: R&D Manager – Asia Pacific